Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Swinger Advice › Women run the lifestyle - but men drive it (observation)
TOPIC: Women run the lifestyle - but men drive it (observation)
Created by: Interlude222
Original Starting post for this thread:
We've been in the lifestyle for some years, and from time to time it seems to dawn (and re-dawn) on me that the old phrase of "women run the lifestyle" needs to be updated to "women run the lifestyle - but men drive it."

I'll explain:

In our relationship, LS-based talk pretty much originates from me. If I don't bring it up, it never comes up. We've had a lot of experiences and attended a number of events (some local, others where we travel for it), for the life of me I can't remember hearing her ever say that she was looking forward to pursuing this or that (although from time to time she'll express frustration at the lack of hungrily bi-sexual women in the LS).

Turning outward, with regard to events or online dating, its always the men reaching out (have to admit, I do experience a tinge of envy at the sheer volume of sexy options available to her as the single guys approach in person or message en mass to our online profiles), but in 20 or so years in the LS, I can't recall a single female ever reaching out online or pursuing in person.

This leads me to the conclusion that if not for the men really pushing or driving the LS, it simply wouldn't exist (well, at least not at the level it does today, there are 1-in-a-million women out there, I suppose). So my overall take is that women -do- run the lifestyle, essentially serving a "Gate keeping" function, but the men are the real drivers of it (and, in my mind, probably the ones with the higher level of adventurous and desire, by far).

I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this observation, or if this is something that others have concluded as well.

Thoughts?

1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 25
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Thornton CO US
Username hidden
(8168 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Toledo OH US
Username hidden
(255 posts)

White Plains NY Us
Username hidden
(228 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8350 posts)

Nortonville KY US
Username hidden
(1 post)

Beech Creek PA US
Username hidden
(75 posts)

Port Orchard WA US
Username hidden
(856 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8350 posts)

Land O Lakes FL US
Username hidden
(745 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10635 posts)
1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 25
TOPIC: Women run the lifestyle - but men drive it (observation)
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.