Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › BDSM › Paddle Construction
TOPIC: Paddle Construction
Created by: RusticMagic
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay not knowing a lot about this activity and in reality neither of us having a real desire to participate in it this may seem odd but here goes. I (the male half) have quite a bit of time on my hands and have been looking for another new hobby to pass the time. After a visit to a local club I got inspired to turn an old leather weight belt I had picked up into a leather paddle. I really enjoyed working on the project and learned a lot along the way. In fact if I can find another belt or two (or even purchase leather) I plan to make a better version with what I learned. The thing is since I have never used such a device, even though I now have one still have no desire to do so but I would like to see it used, I have no clue what design features folks would prefer. I'm sure my handle size is more for larger hands like my own (I had no other person to grab it) however the wife says even with her smaller hand size she could use it (no desire to though). I plan to work with the handle design on my next one and make it more "average" . Thing is I have done quite a bit of research and found out I know next to nothing about other features of such a device. I mean they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes some with holes, a doubled over strap, two straps as a striking surface, varied shape of "striking" surface, etc . I have nothing more than a researcher's book knowledge of why this or that. Of course I want to perfect a "basic" design before I move on to more complicated ones however I figured I would ask those that actually use such things what you would like to see in a leather paddle?

Oh and I have also recently toyed with the idea of making a leather wrapped "switch" with a solid fiberglass core (old lightweight fiberglass fishing rod) because I have the rod with broken handle on hand. BTW none of this is for a business venture but rather just to quell a desire to make some things and expand my knowledge base in the how to aspect. I go through this from time to time and when I learn how to do things to my satisfaction I generally get bored and move on to something else. That is not to say I may not sell a few things I make to fund other projects but I'm not trying to make money just pass my time doing something without spending from the budget.

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 11
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Ridgeville SC US
Username hidden
(653 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Lavale MD US
Username hidden
(431 posts)

Lavale MD US
Username hidden
(431 posts)

Ridgeville SC US
Username hidden
(653 posts)

Ridgeville SC US
Username hidden
(653 posts)

Schaumburg IL US
Username hidden
(2188 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10620 posts)

Ridgeville SC US
Username hidden
(653 posts)

Schaumburg IL US
Username hidden
(2188 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10620 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 11
TOPIC: Paddle Construction
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.